The Rufford Foundation is having to make changes to its grant-giving process in response to the major impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. We thus wish to make all applicants and grantees aware of the following:
- The Foundation’s London office is closed until further notice. For general enquiries about Rufford Small Grants, use the contact form in the Applications section of the website. For all other enquiries, you can use the form on Rufford.org.
- The Rufford Foundation remains committed to providing small grants to nature conservation projects in the developing world. We will, however, be introducing changes to the grant-giving process for the duration of this pandemic.
- Applications for 1st Rufford Small Grants will still be accepted and processed in the normal way. However, if a grant is approved, the funds will not be released until the pandemic is deemed to be over.
- Applications for 2nd Rufford Small Grants, 1st Booster Grants, 2nd Booster Grants and Completion Grants will be accepted and processed in the normal way.
- In the cases where a 2nd Rufford Small Grant, 1st Booster Grant, 2nd Booster Grant and Completion Grant is approved, we will contact the applicant in advance of the release of the funds to ensure there are no restrictions in place that might impact on the viability of the project. If there are restrictions in place we will release the funds once any such restrictions have been lifted.
- Grantees should contact the Foundation if there are delays in implementing their project due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the situation is developing rapidly, the Foundation may have to make further changes to the grant-giving process. These will be publicised on this website.