The Rufford Foundation provides funding for nature conservation projects in developing countries.
This section of the website allows you to apply for funding online, and to edit your Personal Profile if you have already received a grant from the Foundation.
How to Apply
1. Learn about the grants available.
Grants Available from The Rufford Foundation
- The Rufford Foundation provides startup funding for nature conservation projects in developing countries.
- The funding process is staged, with five levels of support.
- Grants start at £6,000 and increase to £15,000 for projects that successfully complete each stage.
- All applications are assessed, by the Foundation's in-house team and external specialists.
- Unsuccessful applicants may re-apply after 12 months.
2. Check that you are eligible to apply.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Your project must have a nature conservation focus.
- You and your project must be based in a developing country.
- You must be in the early stages of your conservation career.
- Your project must fit one of the following criteria:
- Be the fieldwork element of PhD or MSc studies (or equivalent) that have a clear conservation goal.
- Or, be other projects that have direct conservation benefits to threatened habitats or species.
3. Create an account and access the application form.